Title: UPDATED: S2I Rockley Research Grants
Funding Agency: Sensing to Intelligence
11/30/2021 05:00 PM PST (Full Proposal)
Cognizant Office: The Center for Sensing to Intelligence
The Center for Sensing to Intelligence (S2I) in partnership with Rockley Photonics will support innovative research projects in broad areas of health monitoring, biophotonics sensing and spectroscopy, 3D imaging and sensing, artificial intelligence and data analytics, and advanced optics and photonics technologies for these areas including photonic integrated circuits.
Total Award: $200,000 to $450,000
- $100,000 to $150,000 per year for 2-3 years
- In addition to these sponsored research funds, a limited number of "Discovery Fund Awards" for smaller, focused research projects are available.
- Sponsored Research awards are subject to Caltech's federally negotiated indirect cost rate.
- Discovery Fund Awards will permit 20% overhead and are subject to Caltech's standard indirect cost rates for non-federal funds. An executed MORA is required.
- A DAF is required.
- FY22 Annual Rate Memo
Duration: 2-3 years
Discipline(s): Biology and Biological Engineering; Chemistry and Chemical Engineering; Engineering and Applied Science; Geological and Planetary Sciences
Eligibility: Research Faculty, Tenure-Track Faculty, Tenured Faculty
- Collaborative work with JPL will also be considered.
Research Areas of Interest:
- Health monitoring, biophotonics spectroscopy and sensing, 3D imaging, machine vision and other imaging and sensing, artificial intelligence and data analytics, and advanced optics and photonics technologies for these areas including photonic integrated circuits.
Recent Caltech Recipients:
- None, New Opportunity
Guidelines & Other Information:
Intellectual Property: Standard Caltech IP obligation is associated with these grants. For more details about this obligation, please contact Maral Gharib, email@example.com in the Office of Technology Transfer and Corporate Partnerships.
For questions about this opportunity, please contact Maral Gharib in the Office of Technology Transfer and Corporate Partnerships: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit proposal package by 5pm on November 30, 2021 to: email@example.com
Proposal packages should include:
- 1-2 pages of proposal description covering: title, introduction, approach, innovations, expected outcome and a timeline.
- Preliminary Budget for personnel (graduate RA, postdoc, SURF or other undergraduate) and supplies.
- A document listing other support related to this proposal: title of grant, amount of money, and brief one sentence description, matching funds would be a plus.
- Division Approval Form (DAF).
Opportunity ID: 913